Our dedicated and experienced nurses provide stoma, wound, fistula and continence care management to hospitals and patients in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town and Parktown, Johannesburg.
Our experienced stoma care nurse practitioners provide:
- Pre- and post-operative education and advice on the surgical procedure and disease process
- Pre-operative siting of the stoma on the patient’s abdomen which reduces the incidence of post-operative stomal and peristomal complications
- Discuss all aspects of living with a stoma including lifestyle adjustments, dietary advice and sexuality
- Instruction on stoma pouch management including emptying and changing
- Stoma pouch selection and prescription, in consultation with the patient
- Supply of stoma pouching systems
Consultations take place pre-operatively at our consulting rooms and post-operatively at the patients bedside in the hospital.
- Ongoing support, education and stoma management at our consulting rooms until the patient is confident in the management of their stoma
Lifelong support and management of any stomal and/or peristomal skin complications
Wound & Fistula Management
Our advanced wound care practitioners manage post-operative acute wounds, open abdomens and draining wounds including Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) in our dedicated wound care only consulting rooms and in the hospital setting where appropriate.
We offer and supply:
- Post-operative surgical wound site management removal of sutures and clips and pouching of drain sites
- Management of complex fistulae, draining wounds and drains and initiation of fistuloclysis in conjunction with a Multi Disciplinary Team (MTD)
- A full range of wound care and fistula management products
Urinary & Faecal Continence Management
Management of urinary and faecal incontinence including LARS (Low Anterior Resection Syndrome).
We offer and supply:
- Instruction on Intermittent Self Catheterisation
- Changing of Indwelling and Suprapubic catheters
- Instruction and teaching of Low Volume Washouts
- Lifestyle advice and guidance on Urinary and Faecal Incontinence
- A wide range of disposable and washable continence care products; condom and urethral catheters, catheter bags and straps, washout kits and more.
How we Work
WE OFFER ASSISTANCE WITH OBTAINING MEDICAL AID AUTHORISATION FOR STOMA, WOUND, FISTULA AND CONTINENCE CARE PRODUCTS
- Accounts for all products are submitted electronically to the Medical Aids for reimbursement direct to the practice
- We provide assistance by appealing rejected claims
- All consultation fees are for the patients account.
- Once settled, accounts for consults are submitted electronically to the patient’s medical scheme
We stock all stoma, wound, fistula and continence care products available in South Africa as well as stoma support belts and garments, stoma underwear and colon silencers.
Delivery services are offered countrywide and to neighbouring countries.
For patients who are not able to access our consulting rooms or who live outside of the greater Cape Town or Johannesburg areas, virtual consultations can be arranged. A consultation fee will apply.